Jestor comes with multiple sample data so you can get inspired and test how different solutions work.
In the spreadsheet world, there are no rules on how you organize your data. Any field can be anything: it doesn't even need to make sense, and that is awesome! However, this presents limitations on data reliability and automations.
Automations need rules in order to work properly and do the magic you expect. So, to get there, you need to organize your data in a more logic and scalable way.
The first thing that you need to understand is how to connect different tables. Once you know how to do it and how it works, you'll be able to do anything with jestor 💪
Know more about relational databases here
- Create a new account at https://jestor.com. You can import some data from Google Sheets or just start from scratch.
- For this example, let's create a new table. Go to the "+ Add new" icon on the left menu, choose the option "table", name it and press "create".
- Let's create a field as an example. Go to the "+" inside the table on your right.
- Select the field "Single selection" and give it the name "Status".
- Add 4 items on the list: draft, approved, in progress, done. Select each one color and then, press "Create".
Well done! You've just built your first tab 🥳
Understanding how to connect tables and organize data is key to the scalability of your tool. We will show you how easy it is to create relationships within your data.
- Create a record on your database. Go to the blue "+" button or to the horizontal bar with the "+" icon or press (F) ho and fill it with some sample data. Let's call your project "Surprise weapon" and select "Draft" as your status value.
Given that we want to connect tables, we need to create a new one. So, repeat step 2 from "Getting Started" and name your new table as "Tasks".
Now that you have a your 2nd tab, create a checkbox field named "Done".
5. Now the most important part: connecting your table "New Project" with your table "Tasks". In order to connect both tables, create a new "Connect tables" field on the Tasks tables and select your table "New Projects".
Know more about how connect tables work and why they are so important here: https://docs.jestor.com/docs/connect-tables-field
- Create a new record in Tasks. You'll see that now you have the option to choose the project "Project 1". That's only possible because you connected both tables 😊 So you are saying that you have a new task for the new Project 1.
For more info about adamantium: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adamantium
Your table is now showing a different type of data. When you connect two tables, the variable is also a button so you can use to access the related table record. As you can see here in this gif, you can click and it'll open the information about 'Secret weapon':
You'll be able to check all the tasks that you add to your projects and interact with them straight from the "Connected" visualization of the card. You can also add new tasks and edit data fields. It's very useful when you have lots of data and tables:
Greeeat! Now you know how to connect tables 👩🔬
Now that you have organized all your data, building an App(dashboards) is extremely useful for daily project, product or company management 🖼
Apps have lots of different components. Traditionally, dashboards only have metrics and charts. Jestor has them, but we also have cool interactive components like "Tables" that you can use to check tasks straight from the app.
To create a new App is really easy. Just go to the "+ Add new" on the left menu, select "App" and press create. Boom! You have an App(dashboard) 🦕
It's the coolest thing on jestor 🧊
Automations make your day easier and your company scalable. There are 3 different ways to build automations in jestor:
🐰 Tricks : you can build thousands of automations without code inside jestor. Magic without needing to be a magician.
⚡️ Zapier : 3.000+ no-code integrations and automations. You can check it here.
👾 Developer tools : anything is possible with low-code features inside jestor. You can build Apps and personalized pages from scratch (front-end and back-end), integrate with anything via API or create customized triggers and automations.
Updated 1 day ago